Tuesday, May 10, 2011

14 Pounds Lighter, Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually!

The Weight Watchers weekly meetings have been very helpful. It feels so good to be 14 pounds lighter. My clothes are fitting better, and I can picture myself much slimmer. The more pounds I loose, the more self-control I have. Accountability is the key for me from the weekly meetings as well as, from God. The daily time in His Word and prayer has made a huge difference. I am also planning on walking two 5Ks. One of them in June, while visiting N.C.

Angela is working hard as an orphan in the Orphan choir, of "Annie", a Christian Youth Theater production. She attends dress rehearsals daily. She will be in two shows a day starting on Thursday and lasting until Sunday, with a total of 8 shows. I have really admired her ability to stick to this and in some ways, reminds me of the Weight Loss mountain that I am climbing right now. Tough at times, beyond my comfort level at times, but incredibly worth it. Angela's rewards are lots of new friends, that she is getting to know, like family, and the confidence of working hard at something and seeing it through. Not to mention the ability to sit quietly for hours at a time, as she waits for her parts in the production.

I too am making friends at my Weight Watcher meetings, and deepening friendships while on walks with friends, instead of lunch dates. Loosing weight has also given me more energy to work on de-cluttering our home, and more time with friends and family.

Christina is finally finding her way, and is making new friends and spending time with old friends. Our relationship has improved so much. She is working hard at Cheer, and has just finished her track season at school. She spends a lot more time on her homework, and is happier all around. She attend Fellowship of Christian Athletes weekly and has been so inspired by the movie, "Soul Surfer". She is also reading her devotionals daily and applying what she has learned. Our family time is so much more peaceful.

Stan loves his job and is starting to travel overseas. We are thankful that the trips are short, and we get to see him, much more than when we lived in South Africa. He even has every other Friday off, which is such a blessing. He has installed new windows in most of the upstairs and has started refinishing our basement in his spare time.

We are so glad to reunite with our KC friends and family and to make new ones.

So, yes, I am feeling lighter, physically, emotionally and spiritually! How blessed I am and how thankful I am to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for without Him, I would be nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment