Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Catching Anchovies in Italy-by Christina


This is provolone cheese shaped like pigs.


Anchovies freshly caught


Christina in Messina


Another anchovie catching picture

The Shilling Family on the beach in Italy!
Hi! Today was a fantastic day! We spent the morning at the beach, then took a break so we all could take a rest from the heat of the day. I boiled up some homemade pasta from the supermarket and Angela and I enjoyed a fabulous lunch. We later hit the beach for more fun. My mom's back hurt, so she didn't come again to the beach, just this morning.
Angela and I tried to catch fish, but they were too fast for us. My Dad fell asleep on the beach, and all of a sudden, woke up and saw Angela standing in the middle of a huge seine net. People were crowding around the net to see what creatures the fishermen caught. It was amazing lots of little silver fish flopping around, anchovies! Check out the awesome pics!
Christina S.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Paulette and Cristina,
    LOVED your pics....what a grand time you're all having. Wish I could have fit into your suitcase!!! I'm so happy for all of you...keep those pics coming..they are wonderful! :)
    Love,
    You Know Who:)

    ReplyDelete