Monday, March 2, 2009

First Day of School


This is a picture of the girls' first day of AISJ. It is required that hats be worn when outside and most of their day is spent outside whenever possible. The school is at an altitude of 6000 ft. and given that and the dry warm climate, hats are necessary.

They had a great first day of school. Christina tells me that at recess, they can go anywhere they want on the school grounds ie. library, outside, etc. They have 2 recesses a day, so they are excited about that. They even like the lunch food. C says that they have a lot more independence at school. Angela is going on a field trip to the Johannesburg Zoo this month. She will have a behind the scenes tour. They are studying animal habitats. They also started Girl Scouts after school yesterday and loved it.

I spent the day driving around with the relocation representative getting a tour of the area and shopping tips. I am glad that I had my notebook with me, because it was information overload. I will share more later about my day. My friend, LeeAnn is picking me up soon to take me to the butcher.

Hopefully this week we will get our cells phones and another car. Right now, Stan and I are sharing one. I am getting a little more used to driving on the other side of the road. Tomorrow, I go out on my own to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). Keep me in your prayers and everyone else I drive by...:)






No comments:

Post a Comment