Sunday, March 8, 2009

Almost 2 weeks in South Africa now!

It is Monday morning here in South Africa! Another beautiful morning. We continue to enjoy our new home and life here. I remind myself daily, that, "It is not what happens to you in life, but how you respond". We have a wonderful opportunity to get to know the people here and different cultures and even though it may not always be comfortable, it is meaningful and life changing.

Stan continues to like his job here and will be hiring many additional people from the U.S. to help him. These people have been hand-picked by B&V's management. I look forward to their arrival and praying that some of them will move into our community.

Angela had a nice time at a birthday part with a magician, blow up thing, and swimming in the community pool at a classmate's community on Saturday. Christina went to an ice skating party the same day. She also went horseback riding. They are both meeting new friends and getting to know everybody. I stayed at the B-day party that Angela went to and got to know the Moms more. I took a picture with the Moms and will include it on another post.

We found a wonderful church called, Rosebank Union Church. It was Missions week and we had a visiting pastor from Canada speak. We bought the CD of his sermon, because it was so incredible.

We had a wonderful laid back day on Sunday after church. We decided not to go anywhere. I did take the car out on my own to the local grocery store that is close to our house. It is feeling more and more comfortable driving on the other side of the road. You just have to watch out for the taxi vans. They seem to have their own rules of the road.

I will include some more pictures soon and share some more fun facts from South Africa. Here are a fews: The trunk of the car is called, "The boot" and A traffic light is called, "A robot".

2 comments:

  1. Paulette, I can't believe it got thru! I've tried contacting you the past 4 days and nothing works, including your new e-mail account. I am thinking about you and your family. Others are too...none of us could get thru....you mentioned that sometimes the internet is slower, so I imagine that's what is happening. How are you?
    I will try e-mail and see if that is up. Feels soooo good to be back in "communicado"...now I just hope this one will fly! Take care, Sweet Friend, my thoughts and prayers are with you in your "new land." With love and hugs, J.S.

    ReplyDelete