Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fun Facts about South Africa-Christina

1. They use Ran instead of dollars. 10 Ran equals $1.00.
2. People there, drive on the left side of the road.
3. The time difference is 8 hours ahead. If it were 9am in Kansas, it would be 5pm there.
4. The school that I am attending is called, The American International School of Johannesburg.
5. 40% of the kids at my new school are American, everyone else is from around the world.
6. It is illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving a car.

I am really excited about moving to Johannesburg, South Africa, but am really sad to be leaving my Kansas friends. I am also sad about loosing my 3 year old, aquatic pet frog, "Bubbles". I gave Bubbles to my class as a "class pet" because I could not take him with me, and he recently died in the classroom.

I have been spending lots of time with my friends, saying my goodbyes. I had fun at the Great Wolf Lodge for a Girl Scout Bronze award celebration. I look forward to my next blog post, and sharing more fun facts about South Africa.

Christina

3 comments:

  1. Hello Shilling family,
    Christina we are so sorry to hear about your beloved pet "Bubbles". We know he was loved and he will be missed. Wow, what an exciting adventure you will be on. We can't wait to hear all about it on your Blog and on Skype. Know that we will miss you but we send you with all our love and prayers.
    Love,
    The Mason's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina-
    I hope you have a good time in South Africa! I think it will be really fun. It will be hard to Skype you, with all that time differnce and stuff. Will you have to dress differently??
    Skype me soon!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina,
    Thank you so much for your blog post....it was very interesting and I look forward to reading many more of your posts. It's such a great way of keeping in touch and learning lots of neat things about your new home and location.
    You are so thoughtful to do this for all of us.
    Love,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete