Monday, February 2, 2009

Stan's Home!

Thanks for all of your prayers. Stan arrived safely home, hand carrying a 4 ft carved wooden giraffe. We were able to convince him to put it down so we could all hug him. I think he got a little attached to it since they spent so much time together (only kidding Stan :) He had many adventures during his stay there. I will post pictures that Stan took of zebras and gazelles runing wild near the power plant. Awesome!

Stan can now drive safely on the other side of the road. As for me, I need to first get used to being a passenger on the other side of the car, before I even begin to drive on my own. Stan promises to give me lessons. He says that it is much easier when you are following someone, but when you are alone on the road, it is easy to forget what side you need to be on when making a turn. We tend to turn right and want to stay in the same lane, on our right. I have to start getting used to turning left and staying in the left hand lane. Speaking of driving, it is illegal to talk on a cell phone while you are driving. It is a good thing, since it will be enough for me to be driving on the other side of the road. It would be really scary to add a cell phone to that mix. :)

We now have a house and a car waiting for us for when we arrive in Joannesburg, South Africa. The car is equivalent to a Toyota Camery. After we arrive, we will buy another car (used). Stan said that I can use the new leased one with the built in navigational system (hmmm, I wonder why). He said that he will drive the used one back and forth to work. What a guy!!!

The girls start school on Friday, 2/27/09. They get to rest on Thursday, 2/26/09, since we will get in very late Wednesday night. Every Friday, they get out of school at 1:30pm, so their first day of school will be a short one. Both girls will be taking after school activities. They will take Girl Scouts and Art on Mondays and Tuesdays, and on Wednesdays, Christina will take International cooking and Angela will take beading. The bus will take them both home after their activities. In fact they will be riding the bus to and from school every day. No more carpooling for me (at least until we return to Kansas).

No comments:

Post a Comment