Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Gina!

Today is my sister, Gina's 52nd birthday. Gina passed away 6 years ago from lung cancer. She fought an 11 month battle for her life. Even though she is not physically here on this earth, I know for sure that she is with Jesus. A week before she died, Gina accepted Christ as her savior, and began a personal relationship with Him. I never thought I would live on this earth without my older sister. I thought I would always be the middle child and now I am the oldest.

My sister Gina had a servant's heart and looked for ways to make everyone's life brighter. She was beautiful inside and out. She was not just my sister, she was my dear friend, and I miss her every day. My sister was the family's peacemaker and always looked for the good in everyone.

Today, I want to honor Gina and her life. I am who I am today because of her. We are who we are , because of our history, our joy and our pain. That is what makes us who we are and how we handle our every day lives. God has plans for my life, and just like the book of Esther, He has put me on this earth for, "Such a time as this", but He must prepare me to serve Him and that preparation includes every bit of the pain that I have experienced in my life, even my sister's death. I pray that I will hear His voice, in His word and do as He wills.

Thank-you Gina for being my sister. I cannot imagine a greater honor. I know that you are in heaven now. I know that I will join you there one day, and we will have many more times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment