Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two ladies will move ya, AKA "Operation Move to South Africa"

I was beginning to feel overwhelmed with the moving preparation and scheduled a friend to come over. The phone rings and it is my 2nd grade daughter in tears calling me from her classroom to remind me that her dress rehersal was that day at school and she was supposed to come dressed up in pony tails, bobby socks, etc. and that everyone else was dressed like that but her (thank-you to her dear teacher that allowed her to call). Well you might as well stab me in the heart. Guilt took over, and when another friend called, I broke down in tears, telling her what happened. Tears, not just because I forgot my daughter's 2nd grade play, but for moving, leaving my friends, my comfortable surroundings not to mention all the work involved in moving out of the country for 1 1/2 years.

I collected myself, headed to the school with all the things necessary to remake my daughter for a Rock and Roll themed play. When I got to the office and told the awesome ladies at the front desk why I needed Angela pulled out of her classroom, I broke down in tears again. Dear Susan came around the front desk, hugged me, led me into the conference room while they found Angela for me. I was also given a bottle of water.

After a rock and roll transformation, I hugged my daughter, sent her back to her classroom and headed home. Both my friends arrived and helped me pack and even brought lunch. But, before we got started I was on my knees in prayer giving the day to the Lord. Something I should of done from the moment I got up. What a special day it turned out to be with my girlfriends, just what I needed. We all need to go over to each other's house, help de-clutter, do a project that is needed or whatever,. 3 girlfriends together can accomplish so much and encourage one another. I thank God for friends like this. It was just what I needed to stop procrastinating and stay focused on the job at hand, "Operation Move to South Africa". What did I learn from all of this? I learned to never start my day without prayer and to ask God to direct my day. I cannot do this on my own, instead I was sent many angels that day (Kristina, Tempest, Susan and Patti-School front desk people extraordinaire, and Christy-Angela's teacher). I am so thankful for God's provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment